International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index
International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
FAQ  FAQ   Search  Search   Memberlist  Memberlist   Usergroups  Usergroups
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages


Post new topic  Reply to topic
 Dave Getchell: A Slant On life - September 4, 2005 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Author Message
Maurice
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Dave Getchell: A Slant On life - September 4, 2005 Reply with quote

Site Admin

Joined: 08 Jul 2006
Posts: 185

Dave Getchell: A Slant On life


Dave Getchell, Journalist


Dave Getchell


I guess the best way to describe my participation with Fortress Of Freedom is with some interviews and written works when I first became associated with this organization and the present when we finished my first album:


August, 2004

The reason I participated in this exercise is because I was asked to. I have been writing music since I was sixteen, so it has been a while. I never really collected a paycheck, been in a band in some places, went to jam nights, that kind of thing. I did a lot of work in high school, university, that sort of thing. Thats it, I never had a steady gig as a singer/songwriter/guitar player, that sort of thing. I did sing for about a year and a half as a choir leader, I have some choral experience as well, but thats not where my hearts at. I'm waiting for that moment to come, I figure I may when I retire, then I can devote my time to music. Maybe when i'm sixty five I will start my career in earnest. I should have a bank of material so if it destroys me, I would not have wasted a lot of writing time. You have to feed the family, so its difficult.

August, 2005

"The songs on this album are from material I have written since the mid 70's, and were selected for this project because they fit the theme of "Protest". While some people may be offended by some of the content, my hopes are to inspire thought, provide entertainment and help improve our world. We kept it simple, with only one voice and one guitar track there is lots of room for you to sing or play along, get out your axe and have some fun!"

That last quote appears inside the cover of my album: A Slant On Life And Living. I am also working on a small book of music which may accompany the CD, with the lyrics musical notes and such.


Dave Getchell with the completed album in hand!

Visit Dave Getchell's web site at: http://davegetchell.ca
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic  Reply to topic Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


DAJ Glass (1.0.8) template by Dustin Baccetti
EQ graphic based off of a design from www.freeclipart.nu
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group