International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
The Corona Pandemic - Impressions and Opportunities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IAIJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: The Corona Pandemic - Impressions and Opportunities Reply with quote

The Corona Pandemic - Impressions and Opportunities

By Klaus Baumdick (Germany)

Granted, I got it right. I live in the country with my wife, six cats and three dogs. In a small village with just 200 inhabitants. Ten years ago I bought the castle there at a reasonable price. The curfews did not affected us, we are almost always either in the castle with over one thousand square meters of living space or in the ten thousand square meter garden.

When we do shopping, we notice the pandemic. Then we have to put on the masks. But now I can finally do what I have been trying to get my employers to do for twenty years. I can work from home. Two hours of driving time are saved every day. And if I still feel like it in the evening, I can still do something. I work a lot more efficiently than before in the office. I am more balanced because I can largely determine my working day myself. This is not common in Germany. The German himself wants to submit. But that could change since last year. Or maybe not. Because not everyone has it as good as I do. What do the people who live in the big city do. In a 20 square meter apartment? The ceiling may fall on their heads. There are also many working people who report that they cannot bear their children or their partner all day long. But overall, the pandemic has brought us a long way. Two years ago, working from home was largely unthinkable in Germany. That can't work at all, the employers have said. We have known since last year that it works very well. Not everywhere, undoubtedly the worker cannot take his assembly line home with him. But those who cannot work from home should also benefit. There is now a lot less traffic on the streets. The traffic jams have become much less. And the number of traffic accidents has also fallen dramatically. So life has become more relaxed overall, we could say. But the fact is that many people get depressed and especially children get extremely fat.

Much is changing. Things we didn't even begin to think about a year ago are now a reality. In this pandemic, we have a unique opportunity to conduct research. Not only on the virus, but above all from a psychological point of view. What is happening to the people? How are they changing? What are you doing differently? And for what reasons? And most importantly, how do the different peoples deal with the situation? Anyone who walks through the world with open eyes within the scope of their possibilities at this time can learn things that a year ago they did not even think existed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> News Stories From IAIJ Members All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: