International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc.
"Journalists In Action Around The World!"
FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in
UV Filter For Your Digital SLR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Tips And Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maurice Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: UV Filter For Your Digital SLR Reply with quote

I have to impress upon our newest members that when you use IAIJ cameras you must ensure you have a U.V. filter on the lens. Failure to keep the filter on the lens may result in your losing rental privileges for the higher end equipment of the real lens gets scratched. The only reason to remove the filter is when the filter actually gets accidentally dirty and you must unscrew it quickly to get an important shot. That happens once in a blue moon, so keep that filter on the expensive glass!

Anyway, here is your tip:

1. The filter protects the lens from abrasion or damage. This is a real concern as at my last protest (Ukrainian elections) had people banging into me and sticks trying to poke my camera lens (which sticks out there). The forty dollars or so for the filter is very cheap insurance.

2. That filter gives me a second chance to snap shots if the filter becomes dirty. All I have to do is unscrew and you have a fresh, clean lens.

These were the primary reasons for the purchase. Consider them if you do not currently have a filter on your camera.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association Of Independent Journalists Inc. Forum Index -> Tips And Tutorials All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: